Wednesday, April 7, 2010

down by the seaside

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

American Apparel shirt, Totem skirt (Brasilian brand), hat I bought on the beach, glasses from an estate sale. I wish these were sunglasses and not just frames, but I couldn't resist the pink and purple and clear all in one (not really visible, which is too bad), for only $1!

Because I didn't have my own record with me, I posed with the one that was sitting on the old gramophone in the lobby!

These past couple days have been quite the adventure. We spent the weekend in beautiful Buzios, which is a beach town a couple hours away from Rio. (More pictures later!) I love the ocean and hadn't gotten to swim in it since Summer, so it was amazing. We stayed an extra day and planned to go back on the bus Monday afternoon. All went smoothly on the three hour trip until we arrived in Rio to the beginning of the biggest storm in the city's history!! With barely any taxis or busses going out of the bus station, we were stuck there for six hours. We finally caught a bus and then a taxi back, arriving at our destination at 2am. It's lucky that we didn't have to spend the night at the bus station, because early the next morning I got food poisoning or some kind of flu. I couldn't keep anything down all day, but luckily I've gotten much, much better since yesterday. I guess it was just some kind of 24 hour thing, thankfully! I hope everyone has had a better two days than me, but at least things have been looking up. I'm heading home on Saturday, so bye until I get back!

Also, I've reached 50 followers! (51 to be exact). Thank you everyone, it really makes my day. And I'm sorry if I've taken a while to respond to comments, the internet is a little slow here so I'll get to it all when I get home!

13 comments:

Julie said...

Love your tee, mainly because it's purple. and baggy. love it.

and your skirt is adorrrable!+ shoes (L)

http://yourstalkerslittlesister.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Really cute blog! : ) I am a new follower, looking forward to seeing more.

please check out my blog as well when you get a chance (and follow if you like it as well)

www.the-blisslist.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

love that top with that skirt its soo cute :)...sorry to hear that u got food poinsoning..I know that couldn't have been any fun :/

FRANCESCA said...

i love the sea!!!!!

nice blog"!!!

pass to my blog and follow me if u want ! xoxo francesca
http://fashionthrowmyblueeyes.blogspot.com/

Elizabeth said...

great photos, brazil is beautiful!

http://nothingbutapackofcards.blogspot.com/

Carrie said...

very cute skirt. i am now a new follower.

follow me too, yeah?

http://www.readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com

Soso said...

i like your fresh&cool look!you're so cute.i follow u!
xx simona

http://fashionuance.blogspot.com

Leslie, Lemon Sweet Life said...

Cute blog!! I like your purple shirt. I am new follower! You should check out my blog too!! :)


http://lemonsweetbylesliehall.blogspot.com/

Marlène Wang said...

Oh Thanks , i love me too


OXOXO

Unknown said...

that skirt is adorable xxx

Ali Skye said...

i love that skirt! and the shirt is really cute too!!! i really wish i had all the clothes in your closet, you have amazing style!!!

please check out my blog!!
xoxo
Ali Skye
aliskye.blogspot.com
COMMENT!FOLLOW!

Cuca. said...

I love your blog!
I follow you :) nice pictures in Rio!

Unknown said...

you could certainly convert the frames to sunnies. i always do that and have fun deciding on the colour of the lens. i love clear frames like that. the hue on yours sound whimsical. you could go for rose pink or purple lens :)